Therapist – Contract
Georgia Baptist Children's Homes and Family Ministries
June 1, 2023
July 31, 2023
Summary of the Job:
Therapist provides therapeutic services to the client within appropriate guidelines set forth by the client’s service plan, the agency and any insuring parties when appropriate.
1. Process new clients according to agreed procedures and standards, checking eligibility prior to fist appointment.
2. Gather pertinent information for completion of appropriate assessment, including assessment for co-occurring disorders.
3. Ensure documentation meets requirements of DBHDD, Medicaid and other CMO audits.
4. Complete documentation within a 24 - 48 hour period.
5. Order services according to assessed needs: behavioral health assessments, treatment planning, individual or group services, community support services, nursing and medical assessment, and psychiatric services.
6. Complete mental health assessments, develop service plans and crisis plans, and provide individual, group and family services as defined by best practice standards of the state and federal Medicaid Provider Manual. Monitor authorized service units.
7. Share information with the treatment team and be considered a part of the team.
8. Stay updated on all current Medicaid, licensing, contracting and accrediting requirements.
9. Provide the number of billable hours assigned to the position.
10. Complete billing information on services within seven days of service provision through the agency’s designated information management and billing system.
11. See clients according to counseling center schedule.
1. At least 21 years of age.
2. Licensed by the state of Georgia as an LPC, LCSW or LMFT.
3. In addition to full licensure, must have 3 years of recent post-licensure experience providing billable behavioral health services.
4. Clinical assessment skills, ongoing individual and group therapy skills.
5. Problem solving ability; able to assist in the development and implementation of procedures.
6. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
7. Proficient in agency required computer skills.
8. Trained in use of currently utilized assessment tools.
9. Understanding of public sector services and supports.
10. Experience providing services under Georgia Medicaid and CMO guidelines (desirable)
11. Time management and organizational skills.
12. Adequate training or experience to demonstrate the possessions of knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties and tasks assigned to this position.
13. Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
14. Certified in agency preferred therapy modalities (ie: Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT); Juvenile Sex Offender).