Program Coordinator – Newnan, GA
Georgia Baptist Children's Homes and Family Ministries
June 1, 2023
July 31, 2023
The Program Coordinator manages the daily operations, supervise staff, coordinate service delivery and case management to ensure client needs and program goals are effectively met. The Program Coordinator should be committed to Sanctuary practice utilizing tools that reinforce our shared language to create a trauma-responsive culture.
1. At least 21 years of age.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Social Work preferred.
3. Three years’ experience working in a social work, psychology or related field.
4. Minimum two year supervisory experience.
5. If hired at a Bachelor level it is expected that employee will work to achieve a Master’s degree in a related field within a specific time to be determined upon employment.
6. Must demonstrate initiative, be self-directed, work well independently.
7. Outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
8. Ability to delegate and oversee work assignments.
9. Have the ability to manage time, set priorities and to organize and follow structured routines.
10. Basic computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications.
11. Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Preferred: Master’s degree (from an accredited school) in social work, psychology or related field with two years’ experience working in a social service setting
Georgia State Licensure.
1. Demonstrate leadership, develop teamwork and function as a contributing member of the team.
2. Process payroll and finance in accordance with agency procedures and standards.
3. Provide orientation for new staff.
4. Train and supervise program staff/individual supervision as well as group staff meetings/provide specialized training as assigned.
5. Process intakes according to agreed procedures and standards.
6. Provide case consultation and in-service training as appropriate.
7. Maintain and generate necessary reports, paperwork, program handbooks and manuals in a timely manner.
8. Utilize personal safety plan for managing emotions and interactions with staff and clients.
9. Effectively utilize computer software systems used by the agency and contractors to support client records and requirements.
10. Prepare and conduct staff performance appraisals on schedule.
11. Ensure program staff achieves required training hours.
12. Ensure program documentation and case records are in full compliance with agency, licensing, accreditation and contract guidelines.
13. Evaluate program outcomes according to agency goals and benchmarks and keep staff informed of progress.
1. Participate in agency program for PQI, including facility reviews, utilization reviews, DHS licenses reviews, COA reviews and others.
2. Provide support during crisis situations and ongoing de-escalation.
3. Provide on-call services as assigned.
4. Assist in development of and approve service plans for clients.
5. Participate with team in advocating for best interest of clients.
6. Monitor income and expenses with supervisor, operate program within agency budget guidelines with an aim for stewardship, efficiency and accountability.
7. Coordinate with appropriate staff/volunteers involvement including program sponsors.
8. Ensure staff is trained and follow agency procedure and guidelines in risk management.
9. Participate in supervisor’s meetings, lead team/program meetings as regularly scheduled.
10. Prepare, implement and evaluate program strategic plan/input in Agency Strategic Directions Plan process.
11. Ensure program staff completes all documentation and reports in a professional and timely manner.
12. Serve as a liaison for the agency with other professionals involved with the program.
13. Represent agency favorably at all times.
14. Other duties as assigned.