Human Services Professional
The Methodist Home
January 23, 2023
February 28, 2023
The Methodist Home provides multi-faceted residential care to address the needs of abused, neglected and abandoned children across the state of Georgia. The Methodist Home is a faith-based organization who works to equip at-risk youth and families for the future. Our mission is to be a model agency that restores childhoods, strengthens families and cultivates a people-building organization. We are currently seeking a Human Services Professional for our following regions: Macon, Columbus, Valdosta and St. Mary’s.
The Human Services Professional (HSP) provides child welfare administrative oversight and coordination of services to children and their families in care. Specifically, the HSP is responsible for supervising and ensuring that the educational, medical, emotion and social needs of each youth in care are met. In addition, they are responsible for providing and/or coordinating all case management, ancillary and social services for each youth. The HSP maintains all documentation required in case files and electronically manages contractors’ data system on assigned youth. The Human Services Professional is required to generate reports of daily, weekly and monthly progress relevant to case management and support services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Completes case management responsibilities for assigned residents in accordance with contract and regulatory requirements as outlined in the Human Services Professional (HSP) manual.
• Completes required documentation per contract and regulatory requirement in applicable databases.
• Adheres to mandated reporter responsibilities.
• Responsible for completing all required reporting and follow up documentation regarding significant/critical events with in applicable time frames.
• Participates in meetings as outlined in the HSP manual and/or as required.
• Responsible for contributing to performance quality improvement measures as outlined in the HSP manual and the Performance Quality Improvement (PQI) manual, for example utilization reviews, etc.
• Maintains open communication with cottage staff to adequately communicate resident goals, safety plans, etc.
• Identify and monitor the children’s and families’ progress relative to the needs, goals, and objectives identified in the assessments and service plans and discuss any problems being encountered by or with the children in care.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements include but are not limited to the following:
• Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, psychology, childhood education, education counseling and psychology or other human service or behavioral science field
• Must have a minimum of two years of casework experience in a child placing agency.
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record as defined in Agency policy.
For a full job description and to complete an agency application, please visit our website at http://www.themethodisthome.org. Please select the appropriate region when applying. The Methodist Home is an equal opportunity employer.