ABA Behavior Specialist
Creative Community Services
Metro Atlanta, GA
January 1, 2022
March 31, 2022
Creative Community Services (CCS) has been improving the quality of life for children, teens and adults with developmental disabilities and mental health needs, and their families, for over 30 years. CCS is seeking a dynamic new team member who shares this mission to join our team of Behavior Specialists in our SOAR program. The SOAR program at CCS is an ABA-based intensive behavior intervention program for youth and adults with developmental disabilities and/or a mental health diagnosis. The Behavior Specialist will work as part of a team to support the behavioral needs of youth in therapeutic foster care and adults with developmental disabilities living in the community. Learn more about CCS and our mission at www.ccsgeorgia.org.
BCBA supervision available.
· Developing and implementing ABA-based support plans for youth and adults with developmental disabilities and challenging behaviors.
· Coaching parents, both foster and birth, in proactive ways to manage behaviors and improve relationships with the youth or adult in the home.
· Working directly with clients to decrease inappropriate behaviors and increase skills.
· De-escalating crisis situations
· Work collaboratively with professionals from a variety of disciplines.
· Significant amount of travel, using own car
· Must be available for afternoon/evening work (after school hours)
· Teaching parents and other professionals about Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) as it relates to the client.
· Must possess the ability to establish a trusting rapport with youth, families and staff
· Must have relevant coursework and/or experience in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis .
· Bachelor’s degree in Applied Behavior Analysis, Special Education, Psychology, Social Work, or related field
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency.
· Previous experience working with people who have developmental disabilities and behavioral challenges.
· Problem solving ability; able to develop and implement procedures.
· Possess the ability, flexibility, and maturity to render the duties and responsibilities required of this position.
Salary - $35,600 starting