The Methodist Home
January 23, 2023
February 28, 2023
The Methodist Home provides multi-faceted residential care to address the needs of abused, neglected and abandoned children across the state of Georgia. The Methodist Home is a faith-based organization who works to equip at-risk youth and families for the future. Our mission is to be a model agency that restores childhoods, strengthens families and cultivates a people-building organization. We are currently seeking a Residential Director for our Columbus Campus. The Residential Director is responsible for the overall management and administration of the Room Board and Watchful Oversight (RBWO) program for our Columbus Region in accordance with contractor regulations, Methodist Home policies and procedures as well as accreditation standards. For a full job description and complete an agency application; visit our website at: http://www.themethodisthome.org and submit application for Residential Director-Columbus Region. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Provides oversight to all Human Services Professionals and Program Managers to ensure that assigned duties are performed adequately and protects the health, safety and well-being of the residents in care.
• Monitors the fiscal status of the Room Board and Watchful Oversight Programs on the Macon Campus.
• Prepares budget and expenditure reports as well as approves program expenditures.
• Ensures that RBWO outcome measures are tracked and program performance is measured against outcomes set forth by Agency contracts.
• Develop and maintain relationships with collaterals so that youth have access to a broad range of care supports such as physicians, hospitals, daycare etc.
• Communicate with collateral departments such as training, human resources, finance, etc changes to contract requirements.
• Reviews and sets forth an action plan regarding contractor audit reports.
• Oversee recommendations concerning all admissions, transfers between living units, and all planned and emergency discharges.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements: Must have a master’s degree from an accredited college or university in the area of behavioral or social sciences, social work, childhood education, business or public administration or related field and two (2) years of paid work experience in the field of social services or human service delivery and at least one of which has been in an administrative or supervisory capacity; OR a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the same areas of study and four (4) years of paid work experience in a human services delivery capacity or a related field and at least two of which have been in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
Working knowledge of:
• Casework process, including the ability to prepare concise progress/therapy notes and make judgments and recommendations based on such information.
• Various treatment theories and modalities, including individual, group and family therapies OR be able to access such services on behalf of the residents.
• Various social, health and educational services in the community.
• Ability to interface and build relationships with children, their families and a variety of service providers and collaterals.
• Knowledge of child care practices, developmental issues, and group processes and practices which are important to this position.
• Knowledge and demonstrated skills related to theory and practices for emotionally disturbed children.
For a full job description and to complete an agency application, please visit our website at http://www.themethodisthome.org. The Methodist Home is an equal opportunity employer.