The Methodist Home
January 31, 2022
March 31, 2022
The Methodist Home for Children and Youth is currently seeking a Georgia Pre-K Teacher for Eagle’s Nest Children’s Center. The Eagle’s Nest Children’s Center is an accredited, Quality Rated Three, non-profit ministry whose accreditations also include Council on Accreditation (COA) and the United Methodist EAGLE Accreditation. Eagle’s Nest Early Learning Center strives to provide a nurturing environment where children ages six weeks through four years can receive developmentally appropriate care and quality education experiences.
The Pre-K Teacher is responsible for the overall classroom environment; attending to the basic needs of the children enrolled in the Georgia Pre-K Program, as well as, organizing activities that stimulate the children’s physical, emotional, intellectual, and social growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social and emotional development of students with an emphasis on language and developing literacy skills.
- Planning, teaching and implementing curriculum and providing quality care for children enrolled with the help of a Para Professional and an Assistant Teacher throughout the day.
- Align with the Georgia Pre-K operating guidelines and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early childhood Education, Elementary Education, or a related field required, or certified to teach Georgia Pre-K.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a classroom environment working with preschool children.
- Ability to be trained in basic skills in first aid and CPR. ·
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
- Experience planning lessons and activities, and conferring with parents.
- Duties are performed in both indoor and outdoor settings.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry children when appropriate. (Weight range up to 50 lb.)
- Must be able to interact with children sometimes bending, kneeling, squatting, or sitting on the floor.
- Must be able to evacuate children in the case of an emergency.
- Must be able to push stroller, crib, food cart, etc. (Weight range up to 50 lb.)
- Bibb County Sheriff's Department
- DECAL (fingerprint required)
- Motor Vehicle Record (must have a valid license for four consecutive years and applicant/driving record must be approved by our insurance carrier)
- Child Abuse Registry
- Department of Corrections
- Pardons and Parole
- Sex Offenders Registry Medicaid Fraud
All applicants considered for employment must complete an agency application by visiting our website: www.themethodisthome.org and submit application for Pre-K Teacher/Eagle’s Nest Children’s Center.
The Methodist Home is an equal opportunity employer.