Licensed Therapist, Full Time
The Methodist Home
December 20, 2021
March 19, 2022
The Methodist Home is a faith-based organization who works to equip at-risk youth and families for the future. Our mission is to be a model agency that restores childhoods, strengthens families and cultivates a people-building organization.
We are currently seeking a Full Time, Licensed Therapist for Lighthouse for Families Counseling Program. Lighthouse for Families provides quality behavioral and mental health therapy services for individuals ages 4 to 65 in the Middle Georgia area. Mental health is a key part of our overall well-being. Our program embraces each individual and partners with them to instill hope in acquiring their definition of restorative health. Our diverse clinical staff has extensive experience providing services to address issues such as trauma, grief/loss, behavioral and emotional distress, anger management, stress management, conflict management, domestic violence and Reactive Attachment Disorder.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Conduct behavioral health assessments and comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments of assigned clients including mental status assessment, DSM-5 and all appropriate clinical information for Treatment planning.
• Create original treatment plan for all assigned clients and review and evaluate progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment plans.
• Coordinate, deliver, and document all treatment services throughout the treatment cycle as dictated by each client’s treatment plan including Individual, Group, and Family Therapy as well as other services as needed.
• Ensure all clinical practices and services adhere to all current contracts and state and federal polices set forth by DBHDD, DCH, COA, CMOs, and others as applicable.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Must possess a Master’s Degree in Social Work, psychology, or other human service or behavioral science field.
• Must possess current Georgia license such as LMFT, LPC, or LCSW.
• Must have a minimum of two years of clinical experience working with children, adolescents and/or adults.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License with minimum of four year driving history and the ability to meet and remain in good standing in accordance with Agency insurance guidelines.
• Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures for diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of mental and emotional dysfunctions.
• Knowledge of human behavior and performance; human development; individual differences in ability, personality and interests; learning and motivation; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
For a full job description and to complete an agency application, please visit our website at http://www.themethodisthome.org. You may also email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Methodist Home is an equal opportunity employer.