Executive Director of Residential Services
August 5, 2022
September 16, 2022
KidsPeace is a 140-year-old private charity dedicated to serving the behavioral and mental health needs of children, families and communities in seven states. KidsPeace National Centers of Georgia is a sub-corporation of KidsPeace. The Bowdon campus sits on 25 acres approximately one hour west of Atlanta. The 80-bed facility is accredited by the Joint Commission and offers residential care and treatment services to youth ranging in age from 12-17 years. It is comprised of four residences serving 20 females and 40 males with a range of mental health, substance abuse and behavioral issues. Additionally, the campus has a 20-bed free-standing, self-contained program for males with sexual issues.
An award-winning, accredited school meets the specialized needs of each child at the campus. Recreational facilities offer youth the opportunity for healing exercise and play, including a ropes course that promotes team building and self-confidence, a swimming pool, gymnasium, and classrooms. Experts at the campus’s Wellness & Behavioral Health Center provide treatment (therapeutic and medical) to residents, as well as outpatient counseling and mental health treatment programs to the community at large.
KidsPeace Bowdon has an annual budget of over $6 million and staff of more than 100 employees. It has an active local Board of Associates that assists in raising philanthropic funds in the community to supplement program service revenue. For more information, visit the website at KidsPeace.org.
KidsPeace is seeking an Executive Director of Residential Services to succeed the retiring leader at the Bowdon campus. The Executive Director has overall leadership responsibility for KidsPeace Georgia Residential Programs, overseeing the internal operations of the organization and ensuring the safety of the kids, the quality of the programs and all aspects of regulatory compliance. There is also a strong external-facing component, including working with the Board of Associates to raise philanthropic support and nurturing relationships with community stakeholders and government officials. The Executive Director will report to the Vice President of Programs at KidsPeace headquarters in Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, and be a part of the national leadership team. Specific responsibilities and qualifications are listed below.
• Advance KidsPeace’s objectives, mission, vision and values by providing effective leadership in building a culture that integrates the development of the organization and ensures standards consistent with KidsPeace philosophies.
• Assure the safety of kids and the quality of programs consistent with the KidsPeace model of care.
• Assure organizational compliance with all regulatory, accrediting, licensing, legal, and other authorizing bodies.
• Meet or exceed overall budget targets while maintaining effective operations and delivering quality services and outcomes.
• Lead the performance improvement process and optimize operations to coordinate services, leverage synergies and create efficiencies. Establish priorities and align resources to increase margins and focus growth.
• Generate revenue via program expansion and enhancements and through philanthropic and government sources.
• Oversee the process of new business development and create and facilitate mergers/acquisitions, strategic alliances and other opportunities.
• Assure success and meaningful participation in regional community relations through the Board of Associates, churches, civic organization memberships and conducting visits with federal and state officials.
• Work with the Foundation President and Board of Associates to ensure a vibrant regional fundraising program that includes major gifts, deferred giving, and other fundraising programs through donor identification, cultivation and solicitation consistent with the KidsPeace model and culture of philanthropy.
• Assure excellent regional customer relations, participate in the development and implementation of a regional annual marketing plan, and contribute to the overall positive customer relations efforts of KidsPeace.
• Serve as a key advisor to the VP for Programs on all matters of organizational operation and the projected impact of anticipated strategic actions on operations.
Professional Qualifications & Personal Characteristics
• Passion for the KidsPeace mission of helping children and families in crisis and a heartfelt desire to give hope, help and healing to children, adults and those who love them.
• Strong leadership skills to initiate action, make good judgments, give direction and develop and motivate others.
• Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
• Exceptional relationship-building abilities with external stakeholders, including donors, faith communities and public officials.
• Innovative, entrepreneurial, growth-oriented and capable of creating positive opportunities.
• Collaborative and transparent leadership style.
• Understands and rigorously follows all compliance policies and procedures of KidsPeace.
• Five years senior leadership experience required (e.g., Director, Executive Director, Vice President).
• Significant and successful leadership experience in a multi-service human services or related organization setting of significant size and scope.
• Master’s degree in human services or appropriate related discipline preferred.
• Minimum of four years of experience in the child care field preferred.
Location & Compensation
The Executive Director of Residential Services will be based in the Bowdon Georgia area. Occasional travel up to 10 percent of work time will be required.
The salary range for this position is in the $130,000 range. KidsPeace offers a generous employee benefits package that includes:
• Health insurance plan
• Dental, vision and prescription drug plans
• Flexible spending account
• Life and disability insurance
• Tax deferred 403(b) retirement plan
• Paid time off
• Legal services plan
• Tuition assistance and student loan forgiveness program
• Relocation assistance
KidsPeace does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, disability, age, religion or national origin.
The search for the new Executive Director is being conducted for KidsPeace by The Moran Company. To apply for this position, submit cover letter and resume to Steven Byers through the secure online portal. For best opportunity of being considered, please apply before September 16, 2022.
Questions may be directed to Steve Byers, steve.byers (at) MoranCompany.com.