Director, WinShape Foster Care
April 18, 2022
June 30, 2022
Title: Director, WinShape Foster Care – Homes
Scope of Position: Leads, directs, and oversees the WinShape Foster Care program and its overall operations toward the mission of providing children a safe and loving Christian home.
Reports to: Senior Director, WinShape Homes
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Foster Care program including, but not limited to, supervision of all staff; hiring of additional staff; crisis management; assignment of employee duties; maintenance of records and training compliance; completing annual evaluations; mitigating any employee grievance; management of budget expenditures; and administration of policy and procedure as set forth by the State of Georgia and WinShape
- Consistently meets 1:1 with direct reports to set annual goals, provide leadership and guidance, staff cases, and conduct annual reviews.
- Prepares annual Foster Care budget, periodic evaluations and statistical reports of the Foster Care program performance and progress of team and children, and program reports for board of trustees and WinShape Foundation Leadership Team
- Maintains State licensure and contract renewal by preparing all documents needed for submission and maintaining team’s compliance to all rules and regulations required
- Maintains relationship and program satisfaction with foster and respite parents by helping to establish and implement excellent training for parents and attending trainings and meetings on a periodic basis
- Establishes in partnership with the Senior Director and Director of Strategic Partnerships to facilitate church partnerships with likeminded churches for the purposes of supporting the church in the recruitment, training, and support of foster and respite families
- Establishes and maintains relationships with State and private child welfare organizations through attending State and private meetings, serving on child welfare workgroups, taking leadership roles in professional organizations, and creating a professional network for the purpose of offering and receiving referrals and representing the ministry in a favorable and professional manner
- Develops confident knowledge of trauma informed care and help staff members and church partners cultivate trauma focused culture
- Attends all meetings and trainings required by the Senior Director, WinShape Homes, and the State of Georgia.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Senior Director, WinShape Homes.
- Be a self-professing Christ follower, actively involved in a Christian faith community and actively pursuing Christ on a consistent basis.
- Exemplifies servant leadership, as modeled by Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to discipleship, prayer and Bible study.
- Possess a Master’s degree, LCSW, LPC, Ed.S, Ph.D. or Ed.D. from a regionally accredited college or university
- Body of knowledge and skills related to the responsibilities of the position, especially in the field of foster care, trauma, attachment, and management of multiple foster homes
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in a child welfare setting with 5 years of supervisory experience in foster care
- Demonstrated effective leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Georgia rules and regulations set forth by Residential Child Care Licensing as well as Office of Provider Management.
- Valid driver’s license and has an acceptable driving record.
FLSA Status: Regular Full-Time, Exempt