Child Care Worker/Support Staff
The Methodist Home
September 30, 2021
March 31, 2022
The Methodist Home provides multi-faceted residential care to address the needs of abused, neglected and abandoned children across the state of Georgia. The Methodist Home is a faith-based organization who works to equip at-risk youth and families for the future. Our mission is to be a model agency that restores childhoods, strengthens families and cultivates a people-building organization.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Child Care Worker/Support Staff include, but is not limited to, the following:
• Establishes and maintains an environment that promotes the safety of the residents.
• Assures ongoing relationship and environment that promotes the residents feeling of self-worth.
• Handle crises in such a manner so as not to compromise the positive, therapeutic impact of other residents and/or program.
• Develops and maintains effective therapeutic relationships.
• Maintain integrity of the program structure and insure the therapeutic environment of the program.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License with minimum of four-year driving history and the ability to meet and remain in good standing in accordance with Agency insurance guidelines.
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Human Services related field) or High School Diploma/GED combined with experience working with children/adolescents.
• Knowledge of child care practices, developmental issues, and group processes and practices which are important to this position.
• Knowledge and demonstrated skills related to theory and practices for emotionally disturbed children.
• Personal characteristics and experiential background that will provide appropriate care for children, to win their respect, to guide them in their development, to manage a home for them effectively and to participate in the overall treatment program designed for the residents.
• Necessary stamina and temperament to work with children and youth (ages 6 to 20) who are experiencing crisis and/or emotional and/or behavior disorders.
The Methodist Home is currently seeking full time, part time, and PRN staff for all shifts including late afternoons, evenings, overnight, and weekends. For a full job description and to complete an agency application, please visit our website at http://www.themethodisthome.org.
The Methodist Home is an equal opportunity employer.