|SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR - CACII|
• Status: Salaried, Exempt, Full-Time or Part-Time
• Department: Core Services and Mental Health
• Reports To: Director of Clinical Services
• Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
• Provide counseling and guidance to assist clients in their personal recovery process.
• Complete an initial assessment, to include a client and family assessment, DSM-IV diagnosis and
appropriate clinical information for appropriate treatment planning.
• Deliver age-appropriate interventions that consider family systems, effect of abuse and neglect, and ability
to establish therapeutic relationships.
• Monitor and document the progress of the clients and the effectiveness of the treatment plan.
• Attend court hearings and panel reviews as assigned, and/or prepare reports for the court or requesting
• Complete progress notes and other documentation within 24 hours of occurrence or contact.
• Bachelor Degree in a behavioral health or human services field.
• State certification as an addictions counselor (CACII level)
• Experience providing mental health or substance abuse services in a residential or outpatient setting.
• Must be at least 21 years old and possess a valid driver’s license.
MURPHY-HARPST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
WE ARE PROUD TO BE A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE