Case Support Worker
National Youth Placement Corp. Inc
June 21, 2022
July 21, 2022
POSITION: CASE SUPPORT WORKER (CSW)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Case Support Worker will provide case management services. In addition CSW will work with foster youths and caregivers in the office, community, school setting, and in the foster home, etc. This position provides direct services, support, and resources needed to achieve well-being and safety of the child. The positions requires after hours/on call/holiday/weekend availability.
The candidate selected will be responsible for the following:
Case Management/Intake/ Assessment:
• Assess, develop and implement an individual service plan for clients referred under specific DFCS and DJJ contract – includes meeting the emotional and environmental needs of the client
• Ensure foster youth records are maintained according to standards
• Utilize knowledge and skills in child development, parenting and healthy relationships in order to promote appropriate and healthy interactions between children and their foster parents
• Follow and comply with NYPC-FC policy and procedures; RBWO Standards
• Follow all policy and procedures to report of abuse or suspected abuse, neglect
• Consult with the supervisor to review status and needs of current caseload regarding newly identified needs
• Responsible for ensuring the intake of new placements and that all processes are complete.
• Participate in the referral matching process for children and families, while advocating for best possible home match
• Ensure appropriate safety plans are developed during intake and complete initial intake paperwork
• Attend required meetings, i.e., Foster Parent trainings, IFI/Core meetings, FTMs, etc.
• Maintain confidentiality as outlined in policy
• Establish relationship with school and education personnel to ensure the child is achieving education goals/requirements
• Participate and attend scheduled foster parent training, foster youth and caregiver activities.
• Participate in “on call” schedule to provide guidance and support to youth and caregivers
• Provide transportation as needed
• Meet and/or exceed all state and licensure regulations regarding contact with foster children on caseload
• Effective, Positive, Team Player
• Flexible schedule (non-traditional hours)
The requirements listed in this section are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 21 years of age
• Bachelors in social work or related human service degree
• 2 years’ experience required working with children with emotional or behavioral challenges
• Excellent oral and written/ communication skills
• Must have the skills necessary to navigate and execute several software (Microsoft, and GA Score, etc.)
• Must have valid Georgia Driver’s License and satisfactory DMV report (3 years)
• Dependable transportation (registration and proof of auto insurance coverage required)
• Successful completion of all required Criminal Background checks, Drug screening per state and agency regulations
• Willingness to travel and attend training
• Successful completion of all required training pertaining to job