Apply online at www.winshape.org/careers
Scope of Position: Responsible to lead, direct, and oversee the WinShape Homes Group Care program and its overall operations. Work toward the mission of providing children a safe and loving Christian home by supporting the needs of the children and parents to bring the healing ministry of Jesus Christ.
Participates on Support Team: Works closely with administrative staff, Clinical Director, HSP Supervisor, accounting, and WinShape Foundation Business Services team.
Reports to: Senior Director of WinShape Homes
- Supervise all WinShape Homes Group Care staff and lead in a manner that supports the ministry’s direction and mission.
- Recruit, hire, and train Group Care staff while promoting a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and commitment to excellence.
- Conduct performance evaluations of direct reports (House Parents, HSP Supervisor).
- Ensure compliance with CCI licensure requirements for all group homes.
- Assess risk and implement risk management protocols.
- Plan and oversee the budget for the Group Care program.
- Travel when necessary to help children in crisis and to regularly visit the homes, attend workshops, seminars and meetings throughout the state and region.
- Support the Senior Director by providing information necessary to make informed decisions.
- Hold specialized meetings and case consultations with HSPs, House Parents, and Clinical Director as determined necessary.
- Assure that HSP team maintains appropriate records on children, including weekly schedules, monthly statistical reports, and case progress notes.
- Maintain confidentiality of children
- Work with Clinical Director, HSP Supervisor and House Parents to provide effective and current foster parent and child care training.
- Provide a program report for the board of trustees and WinShape Leadership Team (WLT).
- Attend WSH Support Leadership meetings and annual strategic planning meeting.
- Attend WinShape Foundation ONE Conference, Fall Rally, and all WinShape Homes Group Care trainings and meetings.
- Lead case file audits and end-of-year evaluations.
- Develop and implement a quality assurance and evaluation plan for WinShape Homes Group Care.
- Develop and update written protocols for the delivery of support services to House Parents and children in care.
- Strategically plan for the future and implementation of the best practices in serving children.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues in child welfare faced by WinShape Homes.
- Engage in professional activities which are beneficial to the profession (such as serving on committees, taking leadership roles in professional organizations, etc.) in order to create and maintain a professional network for the purpose of offering and receiving referrals and representing the ministry in a favorable and professional manner.
- Work alongside Relationship & Marketing Coordinator and Intake Coordinator in the recruitment of children for placement in the group homes.
- Build and maintain relationships with appropriate referral sources (including pastors, school counselors, law enforcement officials, school teachers, CFA operators, physicians, professional counselors, or other CCI sources) in order to generate referrals and to professionally present our services to the community to whom those services are available.
- Use excellent judgement and possess creative problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and experience in teambuilding and teamwork.
- Maintain counseling and teambuilding skills and assure that state licensure is current to appropriate educational standards.
- Respond to WinShape Homes inquiries, calls seeking private placement services, and calls for information about WinShape Homes Group Care.
- Be able to lift and carry items over 15 pounds.
- Work 40 hours per week based in the Atlanta, GA WinShape Homes office.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director.
- Member and regular attendee of a local evangelical church.
- Gospel testimony.
- Commitment to prayer and Bible study.
- Servant leadership as modeled by Jesus Christ.
- Master’s Degree, LCSW, LPC, Ed. S., Ph. D., or Ed. D., from a regionally accredited college or university.
- At least 10 years of experience in foster care.
- At least five years of supervisory experience in a foster care agency.
- Currently employed in serving children and parents in a group home ministry/organization.
- Possess a body of knowledge and skills related to the responsibilities of the position, especially in the field of foster care, trauma, attachment, and management of multiple group homes. Knowledge of state licensure requirements.
- Has a valid driver’s license and is insurable.
FLSA Status: Regular Full-Time, Exempt