Substance Abuse Counselor - CACII
Murphy-Harpst Children's Centers
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR - CACII
- Status: Salaried, Exempt, Full-Time or Part-Time
- Department: Core Services and Mental Health
- Reports To: Director of Clinical Services
- Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
- Provide counseling and guidance to assist clients in their personal recovery process.
- Complete an initial assessment, to include a client and family assessment, DSM-IV diagnosis and appropriate clinical information for appropriate treatment planning.
- Deliver age-appropriate interventions that consider family systems, effect of abuse and neglect, and ability to establish therapeutic relationships.
- Monitor and document the progress of the clients and the effectiveness of the treatment plan.
- Attend court hearings and panel reviews as assigned, and/or prepare reports for the court or requesting agency.
- Complete progress notes and other documentation within 24 hours of occurrence or contact.
- Bachelor Degree in a behavioral health or human services field.
- State certification as an addictions counselor (CACII level)
- Experience providing mental health or substance abuse services in a residential or outpatient setting.
- Must be at least 21 years old and possess a valid driver’s license.